23 May Become Your Best Weekend Warrior! Escape To The Poconos
Enjoy Outdoor Activities in the Poconos
The Pocono Mountain Region of Pennsylvania has been a valued destination for people of all ages since the 1800s. While other areas are building up larger cities, the Poconos is still home to various natural attractions such as waterfalls, gorges, rivers, and even a large field of boulders. The Poconos is also home to numerous couples resorts, family-friendly resorts and waterparks, and other outdoor activities that are bound to make any amount of time you spend here a fun-filled adventure. Please enjoy our Weekend Warrior list of the best things to do in the Poconos.
Our list below highlights the best weekend activities in the Poconos:
- Take a Trip to the Kalahari Resort
- Enjoy some relaxation and Wine Tasting at Pocono Wine Trail Wineries
- Take A Romantic Trail Ride -OR- Get Your Little Loved Ones into Riding at Mountain Creek Riding Stables
Take a Trip to the Kalahari Resort
Kalahari Resort is one of the newest resorts in the Pocono Mountains, although you may have heard of them from their locations in Texas, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Kalahari is an African themed, family-friendly resort, complete with an indoor water park!
Top 3 Resort Offerings
- Indoor Waterpark: Kalahari’s Indoor Waterpark is making headlines as America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark boasting an impressive 220,000 sq. feet of fun for all ages! While you’re there, don’t forget to check out the lazy river, hot tub, and the Swahili Swirl water slide!
- Gorilla Grove Treetop Adventures: Gorilla Grove is one of Kalahari’s newest additions. Gorilla Grove is a treetops adventure course and zip line, which is bound to bring smiles to guests of all ages.
- The Arena: Virtual Reality: For teens and adults alike, you want to check out the Arena in Kalahari. This is a Virtual Reality game where YOU are the controller. Challenge your friends and family, conquer new areas, or simply explore the digital realm for virtual reality adventure you surely won’t forget!
Enjoy some relaxation and Wine Tasting at Pocono Wine Trail Wineries
The Pocono Wine Trail is one of the most diverse wine trails in the area, featuring wineries from varying parts of the Poconos. Wineries spread from Saylorsburg, along the Delaware Water Gap in New Jersey, all the way up to Stroudsburg.
Top 3 Wineries To Check Out
- Sorrenti Cherry Valley Winery: Sorrenti has been in the Poconos for over 30 years. Have your Bridal Shower in their casual atmosphere, or gather your friends for some fresh sangria out on the deck!
- The Renegade Winery: Renegade is the first Urban Concept Winery to arrive in the Pocono Mountains. Take a tour of the winery, then make sure you settle down to enjoy the urban nightlife and live music!
- Blue Ridge Estate Vineyard and Winery: Blue Ridge Vineyards may not have been in the Poconos for long, but they soon became a staple in the wine trail. Make sure you stop by and take a sip of the hand-crafted wine while overlooking a nearby Christmas tree farm!
Take A Romantic Trail Ride -OR- Get Your Little Loved Ones into Riding at Mountain Creek Riding Stables
Located on the grounds of the Inn at Pocono Manor, the Mountain Creek Riding Stables offers an experience like no other. Whether this is your first time seeing a horse, or whether you’ve ridden for years, the Ranch has a ride for you!
Top 3 Offerings
- Horseback Trail Ride:
- The 1 hour long horseback trail ride is best suited for the first-timer or occasional riders. The ride takes you around the property, across a creek, and into the woods. Grab your family for a 1-hour ride today, and don’t forget to give your horse a pat on the neck when you’re done!
- Family Wagon Rides:
- Travel along the trail on a wagon and enjoy the natural scenery. Wagon rides are great for those who aren’t comfortable on horses and for those who want to follow along with those on the horseback ride.
- Pony Rides:
- If your little one is well, little, the best way to start them out is on one of the Ranch’s gentle horses. Pony Rides are handled by a staff member in our on-site riding ring. These are reserved for children who are under the age of 10.
Start planning your weekend trip to the Poconos today!
Mountain Creek Riding Stables