23 May Become Your Best Weekend Warrior! Escape To The Poconos
The Pocono Mountain Region of Pennsylvania has been a valued destination for people of all ages since the 1800s. While other areas are building up larger cities, the Poconos is still home to various natural attractions such as waterfalls, gorges, rivers, and even a large field of boulders. The Poconos is also home to numerous couples resorts, family friendly resorts and waterparks, and other outdoor activities that are bound to make any amount time you spend here, a fun filled adventure. Please enjoy our Weekend Warrior list of the best things to do in the Poconos.
Visit the Inn at Pocono Manor
The Inn at Pocono Manor was built by the Quakers in the early 1900s. While keeping with the original vibe, the Inn has given many travelers a quiet, yet activity filled weekend getaway.
Top 3 Resort Offerings
- The Spa at the Inn at Pocono Manor: The Spa is well known for it’s massages, facials, and aromatherapy treatments. This is the perfect ending to a girls weekend getaway!
- Manor Sports: The Manor Sports crew know exactly how to hook you up with some of the coolest activities on the grounds such as archery, the shooting range, fishing, tours, and more. Whether you’re interested in the history of the resort, or you want to learn to shoot a BB Gun, you can find it here!
- Golf Facility: The Golf Course at the Inn features an 18 hole championship level course, club rentals, 2 putting greens, and the Greg Wall Golf School. If you’ve never tee’d off before, now’s your chance to get some pointers!
Take a Trip to the Kalahari Resort
Kalahari Resort is one of the newest resorts in the Pocono Mountains, although you may have heard of them from their locations in Texas, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Kalahari is an African themed, family friendly resort, complete with an indoor water park!
Top 3 Resort Offerings
- Indoor Waterpark: Kalahari’s Indoor Waterpark is making headlines as America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark boasting an impressive 220,000 sq. feet of fun for all ages! While you’re there, don’t forget to check out the lazy river, hot tub, and the Swahili Swirl water slide!
- Gorilla Grove Treetop Adventures: Gorilla Grove is one of Kalahari’s newest additions. Gorilla Grove is a treetops adventure course and zip line, which is bound to bring smiles to guests of all ages.
- The Arena: Virtual Reality: For teens and adults alike, you want to check out the Arena in Kalahari. This is a Virtual Reality game where YOU are the controller. Challenge your friends and family, conquer new areas, or simply explore the digital realm for virtual reality adventure you surely won’t forget!
Enjoy some relaxation and Wine Tasting at Pocono Wine Trail Wineries
The Pocono Wine Trail is one of the most diverse wine trails in the area, featuring wineries from varying parts of the Poconos. Wineries spread from Saylorsburg, along the Delaware Water Gap in New Jersey, all the way up to Stroudsburg.
Top 3 Wineries To Check Out
- Sorrenti Cherry Valley Winery: Sorrenti has been in the Poconos for over 30 years. Have your Bridal Shower in their casual atmosphere, or gather your friends for some fresh sangria out on the deck!
- The Renegade Winery: Renegade is the first Urban Concept Winery to arrive in the Pocono Mountains. Take a tour of the winery, then make sure you settle down to enjoy the urban nightlife and live music!
- Blue Ridge Estate Vineyard and Winery: Blue Ridge Vineyards may not have been in the Poconos for long, but they soon became a staple in the wine trail. Make sure you stop by and take a sip of the hand-crafted wine while overlooking a nearby Christmas tree farm!
Take A Romantic Trail Ride -OR- Get Your Little Loved Ones into Riding at the Ranch at Pocono Manor
Located on the grounds of the Inn at Pocono Manor, the Ranch offers an experience like no other. Whether this is your first time seeing a horse, or whether you’ve ridden for years, the Ranch has a ride for you!
Top 3 Offerings
- Wooded Ride:
- The 1 hour long Wooded Trail Ride is best suited for first time or occasional riders. The ride takes you around the property of the Inn and into the woods. Grab your family for a 1 hour ride today, and don’t forget to give your horse a pat on the neck when your done!
- Waterfall Ride:
- Travel down into the valley and stroll past our picturesque waterfall on our 90 minute Waterfall Ride. With it’s rougher terrain and steep hills, the waterfall ride is best suited for riders who have ridden horses a few times.
- Pony Rides:
- If your little one is well, little, the best way to start them out is on one of the Ranch’s gentle horses. Pony Rides are handled by a staff member in our on site riding ring. These are reserved for children who are under the age of 10.
Start planning your weekend trip to the Poconos today!
Ranch at Pocono Manor
391 Manor Drive, Pocono Manor PA 18349