23 May Go Somewhere New! Our Vote? Mountain Laurel Riding Stables
If you are preparing for a vacation or are looking for things to do in Pennsylvania, try visiting out neck of the woods. Mountain Laurel Riding Stables is our newest location, nestled into the scenic grounds of Mountain Laurel Resort. Take a quiet relaxing trail ride out into the woods surrounding the facility and venture back onto the picturesque nature trail. Whether this is your first trail ride, or your 4th, we have a trail ride for you. While you’re in town checking out the scenery, make sure you stop by some of the other popular attractions in the area.
Visit the Mountain Laurel Resort
Mountain Laurel Resort is the perfect resort for a quiet weekend away from the city. Enjoy a hike on the nature trail, take a swim in one of the 2 pools, or enjoy a day at the Spa.
Best features of Mountain Laurel Resort
- #1: Mountain Laurel Resort offers various on-site activities for people of all ages. They offer mini golf, swimming pools, outdoor sport courts, and even archery.
- #2: Mountain Laurel Resort offers onsite dining options such as the Twelve21, the Mountain View Bar, and even a Coffee Shop.
- #3: Mountain Laurel is nestled in the scenic Western Poconos. There is a nature trail on-site, as well as numerous state parks in the area to take in the view!
Visit the Split Rock Resort
Split Rock Resort is nestled in the scenic Poconos surrounding the community of Lake Harmony. Split Rock is perfect for a family weekend getaway!
Best Features of Split Rock Resort
- Reason #1: Probably one of the most popular attractions at Split Rock Resort is the H2Oooohh Indoor Waterpark. The waterpark is home to multiple slides, pools, and various water activities that are sure to please guests of all ages.
- Reason #2: Split Rock is considered an all-inclusive resort. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are available on-site, and packages are available.
- Reason #3: Split Rock is in close proximity to various nearby attractions such as Skirmish Paintball, ATV Tours, and Whitewater Rafting.
Visit Hickory Run State Park
Hickory Run is a PA State Park located near White Haven PA. Spread throughout the Western Poconos, Hickory Run is home to numerous hiking trails and the natural landmark Boulder Field. It is also a scenic campground with beaches, disc golf, and more!
Top 3 Favorite Trails
- Hawk Falls Trail wanders through the rhododendron bushes and ends with a breathtaking view of one PA’s Natural Waterfalls.
- Boulder Field Trail is one of the longer, more difficult hikes that travels various terrain and elevations. Various wildlife can often be seen, such as deer and owls.
- While the Nature Trail is one of the easier trails at Hickory Run, you can grab a brochure and learn more about many of the trees and plants that border the trail.
Visit Lehigh Gorge State Park
- Lehigh Gorge State Park is a large park surrounding the Lehigh River. The Park itself is home to miles of accessible hiking trails. Many sights include wildlife, waterfalls, and the remains of the Upper Section of the Lehigh Canal.
Top 3 Park Activities
- Biking: Lehigh Gorge is home to a 26 mile long biking trail that is flat and easy to traverse. There is even a shuttle service available to pick you up after your ride!
- Hiking: The State Park is available to almost 30 miles of accessible hiking trails the can cover different levels with terrain, with even more trails coming soon!
- Whitewater Rafting: Further downstream is one of the area’s most adventurous activities, whitewater rafting. This section of river is home to some of the challenging but entertaining rafting spots.
Horseback Riding at Mountain Laurel Riding Stables
- Mountain Laurel Riding Stables is the newest riding stables in the Western Poconos. We specialize in providing scenic trail rides for beginner and occasional riders, as well as unique experience for all!
Our Top 3 Riding Activities
- Group Trail ride: Our Group Trail Ride is approximately a 45 to 50 minute beginner paced trail ride through the scenic grounds of Mountain Laurel Resort, including their Nature Trail. This trail ride is the perfect start for anyone’s horseback riding experience.
- Private Trail Ride: Our 1 Hour long Private Trail Ride is perfect for guests wanting a quieter, more personal, or romantic ride. It is perfectly suited for celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or other special events.
- Pony Ride: Our Pony Rides are done on one of our reliable full size trail horses, however the horse is handled around by one of our staff members. Pony Rides are available for children who are not old enough for the trails.
Need help planning your trip? Contact us today and we will get you on the trails in no time!
You can reach us at 570-243-9077 or firstname.lastname@example.org